October 15 is Global Handwashing Day!
This day was chosen to raise awareness about the importance of hand washing with soap – the most effective and inexpensive way to prevent diarrheal and acute respiratory infections. It’s crazy to think that so many diseases and illnesses spread because people simply do not take 20 seconds to wash their hands.
Here’s the right way to wash your hands, according to the CDC:
- Wet your hands with clean, running water (warm or cold) and apply soap.
- Rub your hands together to make a lather and scrub them well; be sure to scrub the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails.
- Continue rubbing your hands for at least 20 seconds. (hum the “Happy Birthday” song from beginning to end twice.)
- Rinse your hands well under running water.
- Dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry them.
We can’t come to your home and help you wash your hands, but www.easyturf.comcan cut down on the spread of germs and bacteria around your house with our hypoallergenic and inherently antimicrobial play surface. Replacing sod with EasyTurf also eliminates the need for fertilizers and pesticides. Synthetic grass will also deter rodents from building home in your back yard. All in all, EasyTurf can’t replace hand washing with soap, but we will cut down on the bacteria and germs before they get to your hands!
And remember – Easyturf, the authority in artificial grass, compliments your outdoor living spaces perfectly.