Out turf has some history.
To clarify just a bit, FieldTurf has long been the world leader in synthetic sports field cover. EasyTurf is the national brand of FieldTurf landscape, pets, playground, and golf artificial grass products. So, in short, the turf is the same, it’s the distribution audience that changes. Now that we’ve got that cleared up, let’s look at the history of our industry-leading turf!
- 1997 FieldTurf installs first full size sports field
- 1999 University of Nebraska is the first high-profile sports field installation
- 2000 The first MLB game is played on FieldTurf at Tropicana Field
- 2000 The Seattle Seahawks became the first NFL team to install FieldTurf.
- Today, 21 of the 32 NFL teams play and/or practice on our turf. Truly testament to our quality and durability.
- 2006 The Pittsburgh Steelers beat the Seattle Seahawks in SuperBowl XL – the first SuperBowl played on FieldTurf.
- 2007 The first Major League Soccer game is played on FieldTurf
- 2008 FieldTurf installs everyone’s favorite blue football field – Boise State
- 2008 The World Series is played on FieldTurf at Tropicana field.
- 2012 The Giants and Patriots, both FieldTurf clients, play Super Bowl XLVI in Indianapolis on FieldTurf.
- 2014 FieldTurf reaches 7,500 worldwide installations!!
What does the future hold for FieldTurf? More good things. We continue to use improved technology to create the longest lasting, most realistic turf on the market. EasyTurf stands ready to bring this same industry-leading turf to you home.
For the latest in synthetic grass news and installations, visit www.easyturf.com.