California is in a severe drought, and homeowners and business are asked to cut back on water use.
But even outside California, water conservation conversation efforts are growing across the nation. The cost of doing laundry, taking showers, maintaining landscape – all of it is going up, and our resources are being depleted. There are many ways you can conserve water around the house so you don’t feel it in the pocketbook so much. Here’s a few from the EPA:
- Just by turning off the tap while you brush your teeth in the morning and before bedtime, you can save up to 8 gallons of water! That adds up to more than 200 gallons a month, enough to fill a huge fish tank that holds 6 small sharks!
- Taking a shower uses much less water than filling up a bathtub. A shower only uses 10 to 25 gallons, while a bath takes up to 70 gallons!
- Washing your bike or car with a bucket and sponge instead of a hose saves a lot of water. A hose can waste 6 gallons per minute if you leave it running, but using a bucket and sponge only uses a few gallons!
- Another, significant way to reduce water is installing an EasyTurf lawn for your outdoor living spaces. You could immediately reduce your water use by 70%. An average urban household’s organic sod lawn uses over 100,000 gallons of water per year!
EasyTurf is environmentally friendly in other ways too:
- No carbon emissions from lawn mowers which can emit 10 times more pollution than cars.
- EasyTurf requires no pesticides, herbicides or fertilizers that pollute natural water supplies.
- Decreases trash in landfills by utilizing recycled car tires making it more than just one of a variety water saving products.
- EasyTurf’s water saving landscaping causes no urban run-off into sewer systems or the ocean, creating an environmentally friendly solution to your residential and commercial landscaping needs.
We firmly believe, the home of the artificial grass industry leader is EasyTurf, Artificial Turf Vista CA. The thing is, EasyTurf looks and feels like grass – but you don’t have to the work to maintain it. You can have a very functional lawn – great for kids and pets – without watering, mowing, weeding, seeding or fertilizing. For the latest in synthetic grass news, visit www.easyturf.com.