Want a great vacation without leaving the comfort of home? Plan a dream Staycation!
Have you ever heard of a staycation? Going on vacation can be relaxing and exciting but the preparation can be exhausting and stressful. From the rigors of packing for yourself, your spouse and children to arranging for mail pick-up and house and/or pet sitters, the list of to-do items can be grueling. The idea of going away can create anxiety and remove the joy of the actual experience.
Instead of all the work required to go away and enjoy time off, try planning a dream Staycation. What could be better than relaxing at home and avoiding the traffic, the hassle and the expense of going away? Vacations are about spending quality time together, so don’t worry if you can’t afford an island vacation or a theme park whirlwind adventure. There are so many easy, simple ways to make time together more memorable…all from the comfort of home.
Here are a few tips to get you started.
- Stop the Clock
- Nothing is more stressful than living life by the clock. Take off your watch, stop the clocks in your house and just enjoy the time with your friends and family without wondering – or worrying – about the time.
- In today’s society, we’ve become tied to technology, and that distracts us from living in the present. Turn off the computers, unplug the tablets and put away your phones. Use an actual camera to capture special moments, instead of checking your social media profiles and constantly updating your status. Live, for just a few days, totally and completely in the present moment. Relish the quality time together.
- Be a Kid Again
- Do things that you haven’t done in ages, like building forts with pillows, blankets and couch cushions. In fact, create a huge family fort and watch a classic movie marathon.
- Get Outside and Play
- A game of football, soccer or badminton is a great way to enjoy the outdoors and create a life-time of memories.
- Make it Special
- Do things you’ve never done before, like eating a picnic in the backyard by candlelight or sitting on the porch talking late into the night.
- Get Creative
- Nothing is quite as fun as working on a project together. Create a family dream board, work on a huge puzzle, or just sit and read together. Make family meals together, with everyone sharing in the cooking, prep work and clean-up. Your children will remember those special times for years.
- Turn up the Music
- Vacations are more memorable when set to music, so turn off the TV and turn up the stereo. Listen to different types of music and have a family dance-off competition.
For more tips on planning the perfect dream staycation, check out these ideas.
To make the most of your dream staycation, consider having EasyTurf artificial grass installed in your yard. Enjoy your time off instead of worrying about taking care of your lawn. Call us for a free design consultation – 866-352-0233.Free Design Consultation