Putting Green Installation Process
Signature Series: Custom Backyard Putting Greens Installations Professionally Created by EasyTurf & EasyTurf Authorized Dealers
- Backyard putting green installation process, designed with an unparalleled realness inclusive of architectural features such as elevation, mounding, tiers, bunkers, and specialty bulkheads, which perfectly replicate famed golf courses around the world.
- Ultimately a backyard or home putting green construction process that simulates the finest “bent grass greens” of such revered venues as Augusta National, Pine Valley and Oakmont, famous for their great greens.
- Backyard putting green installation process, including proprietary TourFringe, a true apron cut, providing the distinctive 3-cut putting green look like real greens.
- Home putting green construction process including moguls, tiers, bulkheads and bunkering reminiscent of real course designs of Palmer, Nicklaus, Dye and Doak.
- A contoured elevation practice putting green installation resulting in spectacular and realistic aesthetics, with flow and subtleties.
- Tedious backyard putting green turf infill installation process, which provides receptiveness in shots just as in real greens, can be customized for a particular backyard putting green design.
- Pure and tight professional putting surface with conditions replicating tour greens.
- Our custom backyard putting green installation begins with a professional design plan, indicating the green/TourFringe dimensions with a 16 radius measurement, thus providing an accurate backyard putting green diagram for both client and installer. This is developed at the home putting green project site using marker flags to indicate perimeter points, both for measuring and installation of base material to create the backyard putting green shape.
- This 16-point home putting green construction design formula is then transitioned to a project diagram which indicates perimeter shape of the home putting green and also dimensions.
- The elevation is added to the plan using “stacked” perimeter lines with each equaling one inch of elevation. (partially spaced lines indicate ½”).
- Any tiers are added via “dotted lines” perpendicular to the slope and in the shape of the contour.
- Any moguls are added by a “dotted shape” with the elevation (in inches) written in the center of each shape.
- The third cut is indicated by measurements around the perimeter inserted in a “square box” in the appropriate area.
- Any bunkers or bulkheads are drawn on Plan with appropriate dimensions.
Sand Filled Greens
- EasyTurf greens are infilled with 30 grit sand.
- We use a refined sand that it less prone to clump. This avoids the green hardening like a miniature golf course, common with companies that use beach sand.
- We roll our greens so that it bends the blade over the sand. This helps to eliminate “rooster tails” of sand.
- EasyTurf uses 6” aluminum cups on our greens, the same type that is used on real golf courses. Cheaper putting greens use 4” plastic cups. 4” cups get clogged easily with debris. Plastic cups will chip and fade in the sun. We wrap the cups in a mylar jacket then set in place with cement. This allows for the adjustment of the cup, if needed in the future.
- EasyTurf uses professional strength 400 denier flags
Bent Grass Putting Green
- The backing of EasyTurf’s bent grass greens is solid. Custom backyard putting greens are contoured to allow for water to run into the fringe area, which allows for drainage through the porous backing of the fringe turf.
Low Infill Putting Green
- The backing of our low infill greens is solid with drainage holes engineered into the backing. This allows for drainage to take place on both the putting green surface as well as the fringe area.
Custom Backyard Putting Green Features Menu
- Elevations– Elevation consists of raising the surface of the golf green above the existing hardscape, allowing multiple contours and undulations. EasyTurf Elevation is based on the highest point of the turf area from the existing hardscape with a maximum of 12”. Slopes cannot exceed a 45-degree angle.
- Moguls– To further compliment the elevation in our Custom Greens, the addition of Moguls (either in single fashion or in complexes) truly enhance the design and realistic appearance, with an amphitheater look so prevalent in the multitude of TPC Courses played on the PGA Tour. More commonly known as “mounds” or “berms,” they are custom-shaped and bring a special distinction to every project.
- Bunkers– Accentuating the realistic look with realistic playability, Bunkers are custom shaped with “Turf” faces and filled with white bunker sand.
- Steps– Steps can be utilized around various portions of the Green elements to enhance elevation and are functional while providing realistic golf course aesthetics. Steps are made of Treated Lumber (6”W x 4”H x 14”L) and are customized for each project.
- Tee Box– As a benefit of the shot acceptance performance of our Greens, a Tee Box can be created where shots can be played from a variety of distances. The standard Tee Box is bordered with railroad ties and is 4’ x 5’. We use our Tee Line turf so the surface will simulate an actual teeing ground.
- Golf Green Cups– Includes (1) Cup and Flag setup per 100 square feet with aluminum Cups, providing actual sound and realism. Our proprietary putting green installation process insures a tightly infilled Cup edge while allowing the perfect critical height adjustment.
- Unique Lighting– We have lighting available to enhance your putting green.
As a San Diego artificial turf company, EasyTurf provides the information you need to know more about synthetic grass products and installation. Contact us today to find a putting green installation expert near you.